Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Son


I got a call yesterday afternoon that I have been waiting on for months. A spot finally opened up at the preschool I wanted Jacob to attend! The teacher called excited to tell me the news, as she was also Madison's teacher and has known Jacob since he as little.

I was so excited to get the call, I was having trouble deciding what to do with my boy if preschool wasn't an option. He is such a smart little man, and he loves to play with other kids. However, he is a bit shy, and a classroom environment is something new to him. I think it is just what he needs. He is so excited for school. He cried so many times last year as Madison got on the bus. He really wanted to go too.

I was watching the kids run through the sprinkler this morning and thinking how much he has grown up. He is the middle child, and has every trait that comes with being the middle child. We are in the thick of serious training with him right now, and it tends to be discouraging and disheartening. It is days like today though, when I sit back and watch him running and playing in the water that I realize just how far he has come, how sweet he is, how gentle he is with his siblings, and how very very much I love him.

It is bittersweet signing him up for preschool. I can't believe he is old enough. I also can't believe I will have two kids in school next year. Time is going by so fast. I still so vividly remember the day he was born and my mom was crying as the doctors proclaimed "it's a boy!" She wiped the tears from my eyes and said "it's a boy honey, we have a son!" That is a memory, I will never, ever forget. She was so proud.....

So for today I am enjoying my kids during the summer when I have them all day, here with me, all to myself. Some days are longer than others, but He grants me strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. I AM SO JEALOUS!!! Do you know if Liddy got in also? He has grown so much, I can remember back when the girls started preschool, he was just this little guy toddling around with you. He has grown into such a sweet little boy. Ashlyn will for sure miss her Buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great picture of him in the Wellington today! Kaitlyn knew right who that was! What a priceless picture! The one with his shirt up was pretty funny also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason, this post got me all choked up. I don't know if it was the way you described your love for him, the moment he was born and your mom's comment and tears, probably both, but it's official Katie, your writing is from your heart and you are a blog author:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you have had a rough 3 years. I watched you and your husband get married and I have witnessed your devotion to the Lord over all these years. He would be proud my friend. Enjoy this blessing for Him who loves you! Mary

    ReplyDelete