Thursday, July 2, 2009

Three months


It has been three months.


Three really long months. Three months of thinking about her every minute, every hour. Three months of wishing she were here to call, to laugh with, to run errands with, to see her babies.

I miss her so much.


I think about these last two years and how fast it all happened. At the time, it seemed like time dragged on. Appointment after appointment, hospital stay after hospital stay. She suffered for so long, and she was so tired. She fought so hard. She promised she would. She was amazing.


God had bigger plans for her though. Plans I may not understand right now, but it isn't for me to understand or not. His plans are greater. She is at peace. Finally not in any pain. How could I ask for more for her?

I still miss her though. I still wish she were here with me today.


I go through my day thinking how much she left here with me. A thought in my mind, an action carried out, a rainy day and the smell that we are left with afterward. Enjoying each day to the fullest, hugging my kids, playing silly games that she made up with them. When it thunders really hard, my kids think Grandma is bowling with Jesus. I love thunder.

I miss her.


I am trying to have a new outlook on life. Each day is new, and the only one we have. My God is big and mighty and there isn't anything he can't do. He grants me peace beyond understanding and I am very thankful for that. I certainly couldn't have it on my own.


She was an amazing woman, and she gave it all she had. So now, I give it all I have. It is really hard to do sometimes, but I keep trying. One day at a time, one foot in front of the other. Loving my life and the memories of my amazing mother I hold so dear.



4 comments:

  1. Oh Katie! My heart goes out to you...

    I can't imagine living on this side of heaven without my mom. I am amazed at your strength and ability to see the beauty in the everday details, despite the pain.

    Hang in there, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so that was a good morning cry reading that! Katie, I think that you are strong beyond your years! I think that your faith in Christ is even stronger! I cannot imagine how hard this is for you...I have the same relationship with my mom...she IS my best friend. My promise to you as a friend is to never take my relationship or time spent with my mom for granted....not one minute of it! Please call me if you ever need a shoulder to cry on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, you got me choked up! But I say that with gratitude friend, thank you for opening your heart here! Thank you for the reminder to relish in the gift of each day. And I will never hear thunder the same way again:). I'll be thinking, maybe my dad is bowling with them:). Love you so much Katie! Keep bathing in His peace every time you need to, and cry whenever you need to as well, both are healing to the soul.
    Love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie this is beautiful, thank you for sharing. It brought back many memories for me also.

    ReplyDelete